Important! Name Change

Discussion in 'Site News And Announcements' started by Ruby, Oct 15, 2017.

• Welcome to Death Star Gamer

We strive to provide a friendly laid back community for new gamers as well as advanced players. Please take a moment to register and Join our community.
    Register Now
  • See what's new

Check out the most recent forum posts on our community.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Administrator/ Tech Nerd Staff Member Administrator Designer DS Gamer Tech DSG Member

After a long hard decision I have chose to change the primary domain from www.thexpgamer.com to www.deathstargamer.com . The reason I did this is when you do a Google search for “The XP Gamer” 100’s of other XP Gamer sites pop up. The XP Gamer name will still point to the site. We need to stand out from the others that is what lead me to make this decision.

2. JacquiiDesigns

JacquiiDesigns Webmistress Designer DSG Member

As an FWIW ... www.thexpgamer.com doesn't redirect to the www.deathstargamer.com domain - it simply loads as per usual. Don't quote me on it - but that *may* be an issue with SEO, as it *might* be considered duplicate content. So... You may want to look into that. Nice domain name btw... It'll go quite well with the new theme concept.

J.

3. OP
    OP
    Ruby

Ruby Administrator/ Tech Nerd Staff Member Administrator Designer DS Gamer Tech DSG Member

I have it as an alias right now I need to do a little bit server work then I’ll List it as an add on domain

4. OP
    OP
    Ruby

5. Costus

Costus Moderator / Helper DSG Member

Nah, not everybody are star wars fans!

6. OP
    OP
    Ruby

It’s already done.

7. Costus

Well I would recommend removing half of the threads and make it star wards Battlefront related then!

8. OP
    OP
    Ruby

Considering you haven’t been here to contribute or add anything constructive to the site since joining I here don’t really understand why you are complaining.

9. Costus

Because their no point to moderate and do nothing when it is irrelevant, which is the opposite of now end of disscussion!

10. OP
    OP
    Ruby

Well no one said you have to be here.